Business Area Description
At Fortum we drive change where it matters. We are a leading clean-energy company providing our customers with electricity, heating, and cooling as well as smart solutions to improve resource efficiency. With around 8,300 professionals across the Nordics, Russia, the Baltics, Poland and India, we strive to make an impact through a culture of open leadership, curiosity, and continuous improvement. We are a company for the Do’ers – those who want to make a difference. Come lead the change with us.
In our business area, Recycling & Waste Solutions, we’re responsible for developing sustainable solutions into a growing business for Fortum and it comprises waste-to-energy, recycling and expertise sales. We provide recycling and material efficiency services, environmental management and hazardous waste treatment in the Nordics.
The Danish business of Fortum Recycling and Waste Solutions is mainly located in Nyborg where approx. 200 employees on daily basis make a big effort in shaping a cleaner world.
We are looking for an experienced Public Affairs Manager to coordinate and develop public affairs and regulation related activities in Fortum's Recycling and Waste business in the Nordic countries. In this role you will work in a cross-Nordic team. You’ll follow and form an understanding of the business implications of ongoing legislation work and regulatory development and define together with the business our approach to legislation matters.
You will support the Recycling and Waste business by:
- gathering and sharing information and understanding on future policy and regulatory development and how they impact Fortum's recycling and waste business in Denmark
- engaging with authorities, policymakers and other external stakeholders in recycling and waste related regulation topics
- participating in the work of various industry organizations
We offer you
This is the start of your meaningful career journey at Fortum Recycling and Waste Solutions A/S (RWS). We actively encourage job rotation and development activities across the company with open leadership as our guiding principle.
We offer you an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic environmental business and you’ll be working together with highly motivated circular economy experts and public affairs community that supports Fortum's drive towards a cleaner world. You will get a broad perspective on Fortum's recycling and waste business and be able to contribute to the drive for a more circular economy.
To be successful in this position you should have
- Master/BBA or applicable degree
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably within environmental business
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High level of spoken and written communication skills and good ability to express complex issues in an understandable way
- Ability to manage projects independently
- English language skills on a high level
- Ability to travel up to 60 days per year
We’ll invite for interviews on on-going basis and the recruitment process will be closed when the right candidate is in place.
For more information please contact Jens Peter Rasmussen, Head of Business Unit Detoxification in Denmark, tel. +45 2529 1314